YESHHHH! My long awaited Honeymoon trip to Korea!!! Always wanted to go free & easy to Korea to feel and enjoy the streets life there.
The previous trip had been by tour because we had wanted to go skiing & also visit Jeju island so we thought it would be more convenient to travel by tour. This time round we plan to explore Seoul, experiencing the daily lives of the locals here and try to blend in lol..
During this trip I think we were basically eating ALL THE TIME. Their street food were simply delicious! and I never knew they had such a wide variety to choose from.
I don't understand why during the previous trip here, the tour guide always and only brought us to places where they sell black pork BBQ. I had to admit the black pork BBQ is nice but its a waste not to introduce all these other delicacies available in Korea. In my past 2 trips to Korea on tour packages, usually by the 5th or 6th day, I’ll start to miss the food in SG. Simply because I’m sick of all the BBQ after BBQ that I was brought to. BUT, when we are here on free and easy, its totally not the case. HA! We just couldn’t get enough of the Korean food here. Especially so when you are holding a cup of steaming hot fish cake soup in your hands, slurping on the hot soup while walking down the bustling streets of Seoul… ITS JUST AWESOME.
I am really happy to have found my soul companion who is someone who totally shares this same sentiments with me.
Both of our travel style are quite similar, we don’t like to rush around attractions neither do we shop till too late into the nights.
And so, I’ll move on to the our main itinerary for this trip.
We had planned to reach Changi Airport 3 hours earlier as we wanted to get the Korean sim card at the booth in Changi Airport.
O M G, was my reaction as I had not expect the stupid sim card to be so damn expensive!
For my Samsung Note 3,it cost $32
For my dear’s iPhone 6 it cost $56
SUPER Expensive for 1GB data plan! Regretted getting it from there! I believe it would be cheaper to get it in Korea’s Airport instead. Argh! lesson learnt.
After we settle the sim cards, we went to check in our luggage before entering the departure hall to do some departure hall shopping.
Our plane took off at around 12am Singapore Time and we are expecting to reach Korea at 7am Seoul Time.
Pics before boarding:

Super nice Disney Deco at Changi Airport

I guessed I must have been too extremely tired or it could be the seat was just too comfy because a miracle happened. I dozed off while watching the in-flight movie! It has never been easy for me to fall
asleep on a plane when flying toward the destination and I believe this was the first time I’ve ever fallen asleep on a flight. I wasn’t even able to catch a 5 min of sleep during my 16hrs flight to UK.



A must take pic in plane lol


Reaching!!
WHY I Love Singapore Airlines:
- Their wide range of movie selections are always up-to-date
- Wide range of drinks (bloody mary, white wine, beer, baileys etc)
- Friendly and helpful staff (During one of the servings, one of the air-stewardess served us drinks & I had mistaken the beer for apple juice and so I picked it from the serving tray, after realising it to be a beer, I quietly accept it and forgot about it but was surprised by the air-stewardess coming back with a cup of apple juice. I know some may think that it is in their line of duty, but she could just have ignored it since,
I’ve already took my drink. so thumbs up to the SIA girls)
I used to love taking Asiana Airlines but now I’m always going for SIA due to the increase in allowed luggage weight, variety of movies available and wide variety of drinks.
We arrived at Incheon International Airport at around 7am and took the Airport train (non-stop train to Seoul Station) to Seoul Station and transferred to Eujiro-Sam ga Station.











I am in SEOUL


So I'm loving it~

Metro Food Vending Machine which you will never get to see in SG




My superman.. love!

Newer generation gantry

Old generation gantry
OMG, when we first stepped out of the train station, it was Suuuuuuper cold! The temperature shown on the thermostat was -12 degree! So much cooler then the previous time we were here.
Luckily our hotel Metro was just a short walk from the train station, however we were too early for check-in so we left our luggage in the hotel lobby and went shopping. (Reached at 11am, check-in at 3pm)


Sensor lift button

Main Lobby at Level 9

Nice & modern lobby!
Took some pics before heading out:



We had our lunch at the famous Yoogane where the restaurant staff will stir fry your rice on your table as you watch.
We ordered the chicken cheese rice, the cheese melts in the rice with the diced chicken with a bit of spiciness. The taste was amazing!






Final product

Direction:
Take Subway Line 4 to Myeong-dong Station (Exit 8).
Make a left and continue for 250 meters to reach the restaurant on the right.
Address:
3-1 Myeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
After our lunch we went shopping around Myeongdong and our hands went numb from the cold so the 1st thing we bought was gloves, thick gloves. haha
Went to Lotte Young Plaza to get my 3CE lipstick, I love their lipstick color so nice & bright.
After walking for sometime I found my boots to hurt my feet quite a bit so I went to ABC Mart to get a pair of new balance sneakers.
Dear also bought a new pair of Regal wingtip shoes from Kumkang.





The time passed so slowly, and the both of us were so tired. All we wanted is to check in and rest! It was quite torturing LOL
Finally, 3pm came and at long last, we checked into our hotel room.
Our hotel was the Metro @ Myeondong.
The location was really good <= 5mins walk to Eljiro-1-Ga Station or 10mins walk to Myeongdong station.
The room was really clean and comfortable, just a little too small. Dear & I were really satisified with the room =)


our cosy room




All in 1 remote, can adjust the TV, aircon & heater! So convenient
Address:
14, Myeondong 9ga-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-845
Direction:
Eljiro-1-Ga Station Exit 6, Walk toward Starbucks turn right and walk straight till you saw Soomthie King.
It is located beside Soomthie King
We unpacked our luggage and rested for awhile. While watching television on the bed, we dozed off for a little and so we decided to go grab an early dinner before we go into a deep sleep and waking up the
next day.
Just beside our hotel, there is this stretch of shop selling fried chicken & beer.
We happened to saw BHC menu & dear was attracted by the cheese & spicy chicken so we decided to try that. Just so happen to realise it was advertised by Jeon Ji Hyun (Cheong Song Yi) my favoriteactress at the time.
We ordered 3 boxes of chicken as recommended by the owner for takeaway back to our hotel.
Its too much for the 2 of us and we didn’t manage to finish it.
All flavours were nice but we prefer the cheese & spicy chicken & soy sauced chicken.



Pic With "Jun Ji-hyun"

3 boxes of chicken just for 2 of us.
Address:
21 Myeongdong 7-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
Direction:
From Metro: Eljiro-1-Ga Station Exit 6, Walk toward Starbucks turn right and turn left on the 2nd junction
From Metro Hotel: Walk straight and turn left on the 1st junction
Loots of the day:


We didn't did much on our first day and we were supposed to visit Namsan Tower that night but I was super tired so we slept at 8pm that night. LOL
Labels: My Holiday - Korea, our celebration


Post a Comment
<